"Our founders were creative, flexible and adaptable, and these extraordinary qualities still guide us today. CCA employees continue to make this company a success through the very same values on which the company was founded more than 25 years ago."
– John Ferguson, CCA Chairman of the Board
The CCA Way
At CCA, we do more than follow policy and procedure. Our employees do more than adhere to the highest standards in corrections.
Each day, they operate according more than 500 strict performance guidelines developed by the American Correctional Association. They abide by the strong sense of accountability that has guided our company for more than a quarter-century. They also follow the requirements of our many federal, state and local government partners.
Our more than 16,000 employees also answer to a higher call – one that unites all of us from facility to facility, from coast to coast. It's called The CCA Way, and it's a set of values and principles that keeps us on the same page and doing our best each moment of every day.
These values distinguish CCA from other providers in our industry, and our staff from other corrections professionals.
From newly-hired corrections professionals to seasoned veterans, our vision, mission and guiding principles keep us committed to the same high standards.
The CCA Way is more than a catchphrase – it’s a descriptor used for many years by CCA employees, our competitors, and our partners to highlight our company’s unique approach and industry leadership.
CCA’s Vision, Mission and Guiding Principles
To be the best full service adult corrections system in the United States.
In partnership with government, we provide a meaningful public service by operating the highest quality adult corrections company in the United States.
...As corrections professionals:
- Integrity – Be honest and highly ethical. Always do the right thing, with honorable intentions.
- Respect – Treat each other and inmates as we want to be treated. Appreciate the authority given to us and always use it appropriately.
- Trust – Be competent and reliable. Build positive relationships.
- Loyalty – Dedicate ourselves to our profession, our responsibilities and each other.
...As a company:
- Safety and Security – Dedicate every action to safe and secure correctional facilities – our highest priority. Through training, skill and courage, protect our communities, individuals in our care and each other.
- Quality – Provide excellent correctional services every day. Offer positive programs to help offenders.
- Accountability – Hold ourselves responsible for every action – accountability to our partners in government, to the taxpayers and to our inmates.
- Service-Driven – Serve our government partners and communities with pride and dedication. Be flexible. Be great problem-solvers. Deliver on our promises.
- Cost Effectiveness – Provide honest, fair and competitive pricing to our partners. Deliver value to taxpayers.
- Teamwork – Share, inspire and help one another daily. Don’t let others down, because together we make greater contributions.
- Communication – Listen well. Share information. Speak honestly and openly with intent to always improve our efforts.
- Innovation – Think creatively and boldly. Value resourcefulness. Embrace our heritage as the partnership corrections founder and leader.