CCA Headquarters (Facility Support Center)
The Assistant Warden directs, administers and coordinates the professional facility management in the area of operations or programs by performing duties personally or through subordinate managerial staff. This position acts with full authority in the absence of the Warden.
Graduate from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree in a social or behavioral science or other acceptable related field required. Six years professional, correctional work experience required including experience at the Chief of Security or Chief of Unit Management level or above. Qualifying full-time professional, correctional experience may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis to a maximum of four years. A valid driver's license is required.
Must demonstrate a comprehensive understanding and knowledge of the practices and principles of correctional facility management; pertinent corrections laws, rules and regulations; and the principles and practices of supervision and training.
CCA is a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D.
Thank you for your interest in facility management with Corrections Corporation of America (CCA).
Applications are accepted year-round and are used to fill future vacancies as they occur at any one of our facilities nationwide. CCA currently operates more than 60 facilities in 20 states.
The application is lengthy, and must be completed at one time. After submittal there is no option to return to revise or make changes to your application. Be sure to gather all your details prior to beginning the process (average time to complete is 45 minutes).
It is EXTREMELY important that you provide the details of your education and correctional experience. Details may include, but are not limited to:
- Education (school, dates, degree, course hours, etc.)
- Correctional Experience (dates, duties, individual positions held within the same work location, etc.)
Please read the following information carefully. Applications that are not complete will not be considered.
- All applications are valid for one-year.
- You can apply only once (per position) in a 12-month period.
- Additional applications submitted for the same position within the 12-month period are not considered.
- You are encouraged to confirm that you meet the minimum qualifications prior to submitting your (once per year) application.
- Applicants who submit an application and do not meet the minimum qualifications are removed from the process for an entire year for that position.
- The correctional experience you detail on your application is the determining factor in establishing whether or not you meet the minimum qualifications.
- Resumes may be attached, but the details provided there will not be considered in the determination of you being qualified for the position.
- One segment of the application process is the completion of a Location Preference Profile. It is here that you will indicate location(s) for which you wish to be considered an applicant, and to which you are willing to relocate.
- You will only be considered for vacancies within the location(s) you choose on your Location Preference Profile.
- Applications submitted are used to fill future facility management vacancies, as they occur, in any of CCA’s more than 60 correctional facilities nationwide.
- Qualified candidates may be considered several times during a 12-month period based on the openings that become available and the location(s) you select.
Are you currently employed by CCA?